Make this the year you get clearer vision.
Are you tired of having to put in your contacts every morning and take them out again at night? Tired of wearing glasses that fog up, especially whenever you wear a mask? Are you fed up with having even the smallest speck on your contact feel like a shard of glass in your eye? There are a lot of reasons that people turn to our Manhattan, NY, ophthalmology surgeon Dr. Christopher Coad and optometrist Dr. Jay Yoon for LASIK.
How does Lasik work?
During the Lasik procedure, our New York, Manhattan, NY, eye doctors, and surgeons utilize advanced laser technology to shape the cornea to improve common vision problems including nearsightedness, farsightedness, and even astigmatism (yes, that’s right! Lasik can even correct astigmatisms). This procedure is a great way to get clearer vision quickly without having to wear glasses or contacts all the time.
Who is a good candidate for Lasik?
There are certain factors we will need to evaluate first to make sure that you are a good candidate for Lasik. These factors include:
- Being over 21 years old
- Having healthy eyes
- Having an eye prescription that’s stayed the same for the last year
- You don’t have any eye diseases
- You aren’t dealing with any current eye infections
- You haven’t been diagnosed with certain chronic health problems such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus (it’s important to discuss your medical history with our New York, Manhattan, NY, ophthalmology team)
- You aren’t pregnant or nursing
- You aren’t taking certain medications that could slow healing (also tell us any and all medications you are currently taking)
Will my vision be perfect after Lasik?
We utilized the very latest technologies and techniques to ensure that you get amazing results. While we always aim for giving you incredible vision we can’t promise 20/20 vision; however, most of our patients are able to easily read, drive (even at night) and participate in physical activity without needing glasses or contacts after Lasik.
Will it hurt?
Most patients are relieved to hear that Lasik is painless. We will apply numbing drops to your eyes, so you shouldn’t feel any pain or discomfort during the procedure. The procedure itself typically takes around 10 minutes per eye.
If you are ready to wake up and immediately see the world with clearer vision, then it’s time to talk to our Manhattan, NY, ophthalmology team about whether LASIK is right for you. To schedule a consultation with our specialists, call Chelsea Eye Ophthalmology at (212) 220-0066.